Hanuman Films has been at the forefront of film and television production servicing in Cambodia and the Mekong region since 2000. That’s more than a decade and counting.
Knowledge is power in the world of film in Asia and no-one knows the Mekong region better than us. We have covered every corner of Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam to bring you the best locations from this fast emerging region. We pride ourselves on excellent service, not only ensuring a professional approach for all film-makers, but communicating effectively and efficiently to ensure you get the information that you need when you need it. But this service doesn’t come at a price, as we have some of the most competitive rates in the region. Whether you choose to judge us on our knowledge, our service or our price, you won’t find a more reliable production company in the Mekong region than Hanuman Films.
Our team is a who’s who of travel and film in Cambodia and the Mekong region. Company Managing Director Sotho Tan has been at the forefront of the travel industry since 1988 and was one of Cambodia’s first tour guides. Line Producer Kulikar Sotho has nearly 20 years of experience in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam, including guiding, tour leading and arranging the impossible for film-makers and television stars such as Gordon Ramsay and Angelina Jolie. Lonely Planet author Nick Ray is the Location Manager and has spent more than 15 years exploring the region for guidebooks, travel companies and film and television productions. Production Manager Robin Waldman graduated in film studies and has been working in film in Cambodia for several years now. Research Manager Andy Brouwer has a popular blog which is widely followed by watchers of all things Cambodian. Add it up, do the maths, and you have one of the most experienced team of film professionals operating in the Mekong region.
Before you plan your next shoot in the Mekong region, contact us for some more ideas, for innovation, for originality. Hanuman has long experience in looking after VIPs in Cambodia, including film stars such as Angelina Jolie and Daniel Craig, iconic film directors such as Jean-Jacques Annaud, and television presenters including Gordon Ramsay and Charley Boorman. We also look after many VIPs from important social and political backgrounds.
Hanuman Films has looked after the logistics on major feature films in Cambodia, including Tomb Raider. This production involved 150 overseas crew, more than 500 local staff and extras, a fleet of more than 100 vehicles and catering for up to 1000 people. Hanuman also arranged all the filming and location permissions around Angkor, so we have the experience of organising the impossible.
If you think we’re just another production house, then think again. Hanuman Films is something completely different.
Why choose Hanuman Films? The Top 10
1. Reliable reputation: tried and trusted by iconic names such as the BBC, Paramount, Discovery, Nat Geo, Pathe and more
2. Unrivalled knowledge: an team of experienced international and local experts who know their countries inside out.
3. Competitive prices: attractive rates for such exceptional service and a flexible approach to budgeting .
4. Speed of communication: a sharp turnaround on all requests ensuring you can compete with global rivals.
5. The right connections: Hanuman Films have friends in high places and we travel widely to meet partners in person.
6. Special services: Our team will go out their way to ensure your every whim is catered for during the shoot.
7. Safety is a priority: We use experienced crew to ensure a high standard of on-location safety for everyone.
8. Responsible film-making: doing things the right way helps the region and Hanuman Films supports many local causes.
9. Locally owned and operated: the money generated stays within the region and is reinvested in further jobs and training.
10. Production with a personal touch: Film crews are welcomed as friends, ensuring an enjoyable yet professional shoot.